Today is my birthday and I don’t feel much like celebrating. I’m thankful for another year and to be surrounded by family and friends but I’m feeling reflective. Reflecting on how this year has been and 2015 hasn’t gone at all how I planned. The realization about being 39 hit me in a way that I didn’t expect it to. I guess this is my “New Year”. The time to make resolutions and hope to stick to them for at least 30 days. Rather than bore you with the story of why I haven’t blogged in so long, why this year has been one of the worst of my life and ramble about why I am not where I should be I felt maybe I should start with a small list of 5 things that I need to do starting tomorrow.
- Be Active-I bought myself a Jawbone UP Move to get a better handle on being more active for both my overall health and to lose weight. My Dr says as I get more active I will not require as many pain meds throughout my day.
- Be Consistent – I was watching someone on Periscope and they said, “If you’re not consistent you don’t exist”. That stuck with me. You can’t half-ass do things or pop up every now and again and expect people to remember you. Out of sight out of mind. As common as that concept is I’ve allowed myself to fall off … Wayyyy off.
- Be Smart – I’m a very outspoken person even when it’s not for myself and it hasn’t always ended well for me. As smart as I am sometimes I’ve allowed myself to react very stupidly. This year I need to be smarter and more intentional with my actions. I also need to not play Russian Roulette with my health. I need to actively, be consistent (see what I did there) in my treatment and communicating with my doctors at all times.
- Be Adaptable – I need to not be so put off by how things aren’t done how we “used” to do them. I need to adapt and be ok with the fact that it doesn’t mean that I am selling out or changing for the worst. I need to learn and embrace the new ways things are done. In blogging, business, relationships and life. The world I lived in when I was 20 and child free is not the world I live in today. Getting with the times needs to happen.
- Be The Best Me – I need to be the best version of myself. I am not and will never be Beyonce and I am ok with that. But, I need to make ALOT of adjustments to be the best version of myself. In making this change, everything else will fall in line.
Following these 5 things will bring me to where I need to be. It will make me a better mother, sister, daughter, wife and businesswoman. I can not and will not bring in 40 the way I brought in 39. I can’t let “life” keep happening. It happens to so many people and many are in worse positions than I am in, but you know what a lot of them let that fuel them to push through. No one is going to hand me anything in this life and success won’t park itself under my pillow. My work ethic is something I’ve always prided myself on, but I’ve allowed things both beyond and within my control take me way off course for an unacceptable amount of time. Wish me luck !!! Let’s meet back here in a year and see my new resolutions will be.